Thursday, February 03, 2011

Stir Crazy?! Not Me!!

I am LOVING my days at home with my family! I, sadly, somewhat took for granted the time that I spent as a stay-at-home mommy. Don't take this time for granted my stay at home mommy friends. You never know when God may twist your path. Enjoy every whine, every chore, every interruption, and every time you can't get a single thing done around the house. When the plans you make (being a SAHM until all of the girls were in school) don't completely match up with God's plan (going back to work when Molly was 8 months old,) sometimes your happy little world gets shaken. I MISS that time so much, but am trusting that God's plan is the best one! So, to be forced to stay home with the four people I love the most for a few days is a huge gift to me! We are loving being together! We've watched movies, colored, stayed up later than usual, read books, had yummy meals, laughed, been kind of productive, and are soaking in every moment!

Last weekend, Paul went to the men's retreat at our church. The girls and I hung out with Chicken Express and Ramona and Beezus. (If you haven't seen R&B, SEE IT! It is too cute!) We loved having a girls night in together! Who knew we'd be getting at least 3 (I think it will be 4) days more together later in the week! Anyway...if you know my Molly, you know what a sweet little handful she is! She had a great time painting herself in our leftover gravy from CE. She gave herself a makeover with my mascara, and she put together a glam ensemble. The pictures below are pretty much great examples of the kind of personality my sweet stinker has. I love everything about my sweet baby!


I, of course, cannot leave out my 2 big girls! They make us laugh just as much! We are completely and totally blessed by our daughters! I couldn't be thankful enough.

I loved watching the girls watch as the snow/ice fell on Tuesday...so fun!

I've enjoyed lots of snuggle time too!!

I made fun of P for putting screws in some old running shoes and taking a 5 mile run (even though I'm secretly thinking that he is really so cool for braving this junk--he's dedicated!) Thanks for showing us the crazy face here babe!

Gracie Claire enjoyed a FEW minutes in the backyard while her sisters napped...I know, not fair. Whatev! :) Isn't she the prettiest little snow bunny?!

Looking forward to hearing what tomorrow's status will be...but, until then, I'm off to snuggle my girls!

1 comment:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

i so appreciate the first paragraph of your post. these surprise days that we get to be stay at home moms are so precious (i got 2 this week!). Thank you for posting that! I love reading all of the posts on facebook of working moms this week. Everyone is so grateful!