Friday, July 08, 2011

Growing...

I posted a while back about the changes that our family would be going through this summer and into the new school year. We've gone through one of those as Paul has been interning at a hospital for almost a month now. He has had a great experience and has learned a lot. He has been given opportunities to participate in high level meetings and work with the head honcho often. It's been the best internship experience. As he only has a couple of weeks left, he has been looking into permanent job situations. When we started on this journey a couple of years ago, I knew that it would be tough. I was going back to work much sooner than I had ever planned, Paul was going back to school again, it was weird. I don't like the feelings you get with unexpected change, but through it all we've had to cling to our Father. Yesterday was one of those clinging moments. Paul has been offered a job! We should be feeling so thankful for that, right?! I mean, I bet it seems ridiculous to most that we were feeling mad and disappointed. It sounds ridiculous to me as I type it. It was a much lower salary than what was anticipated. I had even gone so far as to feel like I might have the chance to stay at home again. I was walking by sight and not by faith. We were reminded once again that we are not in control. God holds our lives in His hands. He is the one who directs our paths, not us. I'm feeling more at peace this morning about everything. No, I probably won't get to stay home this next school year, but will God still be in control? Yes! Will He be holding our girls in His hands and caring for them even if I can't be at home with them? Yes! Will he take care of Paul, the girls, and me? Yes! Will He lift us up when are at our lowest? Yes!

I don't call it irony that I read two blogs right when I needed them yesterday...it was more like providence. They reminded me how truly blessed we are and how our trials, even though they seem so difficult in the moment, are really menial compared to what others are going through. Yet, God cares about all of our trials. Amazing! Click HERE and HERE to read about how two strong women of faith are clinging to the Lord!

I am growing...growing in my faith, growing in my Lord. I want the Lord to use me to do great things for Him whether I'm a stay-at-home Mommy or a teacher. I want Him to do great things through our family so our girls can see how He works and how all powerful He is! I want Him to continue to grow me.

Blessed are those who persevere under trial, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

GOOD. FOR. YOU. We are going through some tough things along these lines right now as well, so I really do feel your pain with all of this. I am convinced more now than ever that the way we respond to these difficult times shapes and molds our character and our lives. What an example you and Paul are to your girls, and who knows what your faith in action is planting in their hearts for them to live out when they are adults!

You're amazing - so strong and so faithful, and God is good. Keep on keeping on, my friend. You can do this.

Brooke said...

Loves to you! Keep me posted and keep your chin up.