Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lake Time!!

We've had a great weekend! Friday afternoon the girls and I loaded up and headed to the hospital to see where Paul is working (another post to come about that!) and to pick him up and head to his mom's. We spent the night in Muenster and then headed out early to drive up to Lake Texoma where MaryLee and Carl (Paul's mom and step dad) are building their new house. We took a tour of the new house, which is beautiful and still under construction, and then we all loaded up on the party barge for a day on the lake. The girls were so excited, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just as excited! I love spending time out on the lake and haven't in a long time! We took a fun boat ride to a place called "Pelican's Landing" and had lunch, then we headed back to a beach area in the cove, where we swam and played and flew down the water slide...which is on the boat! We had lots of fun and the girls were exhausted by the time we went to bed that night! We can't wait to spend lots more time out there!

Our cute little lake ladies!

Love my fam!!!

The girls and their Mimi!

Love my hubster!

How precious is she?!

My beautiful 1st grader...*sigh* -- I tried getting one of Molly, but she had trouble keeping her eyes off of the water. She would yell, "CHEEESE!" and not even look at the camera. It's not surprising! :)

This is where Pelican's Landing (the place we ate lunch) is. I loved all of the sailboats!! So pretty!

Cooling off and having a blast!

Sydster went kayaking with Daddy...

Gracie Claire splashed around on her own and Molly clung to Mommy! :)

Slide time! GC L-O-V-E-D going down the slide! The first few times she went down, she told us to wait so she could get herself ready. She would sit there for a minute or so and take some deep breaths while mentally preparing herself. It was very actress like and hilarious. After she told us she was ready, we would count to 3 and she'd take a deep breath and fly down. After she built up her courage, she flew down, what seemed like 20 or so times, with no problem at all!

This little lady had to be pushed down! She gladly climbed up to the top of the slide, but very quickly lost her nerve when she was sitting up there. Paul had to pry her hands from the rails and told her to hold her breath before pushing her down. She was very proud of herself when she popped back up out of the water! No...she didn't go down again, but I have high hopes for the future! :)

As you can tell by the look on his face, Paul also enjoyed the slide. :) Yes, I went down too, but my slide pictures were just not as cute. ;) Don't you love how the Mollster is sitting all alone in the kayak in the last picture?! Parents of the year right here! :) Molly did NOT go down the slide and would not have forgiven us if we forced her to. Hmmm...maybe next time! Can't wait for more lake time!

No comments: