My Gracie Claire has the most precious heart for people. She loves people and wants to be friends with everyone. I have witnessed her sticking up for the girl who gets picked on, praying for her feelings, and really being concerned for how it had hurt her. She's very effected by stories she hears, movies she sees (story coming), and how others feel. She was telling some friends today about the money that she got from the tooth that she lost and then told them that she was going to give it in the offering at church.

We watched a movie today called, "A Little Princess." If you've never seen it, click
HERE to read the synopsis.

The headmistress of the boarding school treats Sara (the main character) and Becky (the school's servant girl) like trash. Gracie Claire was VERY disturbed that people, let alone children, would be treated this way. It brought her to tears (which brought me to tears) and she wanted to know when "that lady who is the principal" would be brought to justice. I remember the first time I felt that way when watching a movie. It was "Places In the Heart".

I remember wondering and asking why a person would be treated this way just because of the color of their skin, their economic status, etc. It makes me sick. Now I have a daughter who has a wonderful heart for others and I'm overwhelmed with pride and love, while also wondering how God is going to use her to bless others. It makes me nervous to think about the possibility that she could be ridiculed because of it, but thankful to know that she is the child of a loving God who is holding her in His hands. He's the one that gave her that compassionate heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment