Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Bye-Bye 1st Grade!

Our Gracie Claire has rocked 1st grade.  This was an especially special year for me because she was in the grade that I teach.  I loved looking through the windows of my flex space to watch her learn.  I loved having lunch with her whenever I wanted.  I loved that she was an amazing first grader.  OK...here goes.  A little bragging if I may.  This girl is an awesome reader (she's way, way above grade level), she writes incredible stories, she loves science and she loves her friends and teachers.  But most of all, she is a bright light at our school.  She has the amazing gift of compassion and hates when anyone is hurting or isn't included.  Oh how I love her!  She talks about Jesus, writes about Jesus, and tells others about Him too.  She's a light for Him already.  Blessed indeed.

We ended the year with a Hawaiian Luau themed breakfast/awards.  I was so proud of my class this year!  They were a hard one to let go of.  Bittersweet to say the least.  I was enormously proud of my big girl too.  She beamed when Mrs. Morgan gave her the awards.  She received an A honor roll award (for having an A average all year) and an Art award along with a couple of others.  She was pumped.  We did a really neat slide show for our classes this year that included a photo of them along with some of their favorite things from first grade.  I just love the picture of my girl.  It shows her personality to the tee.  I also love that P has a job that allows him to be at special occasions for our girls.  Another giant blessing. 
Here is my girl on the 1st day of 1st grade and the last.  So stinkin' proud of her!
Love, Love, Love her!
 Oh how we loved having Mrs. Morgan...as a teacher and team/flexmate.  So thankful God answered our prayers for another awesome teacher for our big girl.  Love me some Mrs. Morgan.  We'll miss you tons, but are super excited that you get to be just a Mommy.  You'll rock it.
 Do you think she might be a little excited?!
So proud to be her Daddy and Mommy!
 Getting her awards...you can see the picture I mentioned up on the screen.  Love it!
 I think we might need to work on her lack of spunk, don't you? ;)
This was my outfit for the day.  HA!  Makes me want to go to Hawaii or something.

2011-2012 was a great school year.  I love that my girl(s) go to a school with such loving teachers and amazing people.  I'm so blessed to work with people that I love and respect...and are really fun too!  Go Longhorns!



No comments: