Sunday, June 10, 2012

Santa Fe - Day 2!

Our 2nd day in Santa Fe was just as fun as the first. We slept in a little, got coffee and muffins at the little coffee shop downstairs, then headed out on a city tour!


We rode on this open bus thing and saw lots more of the city than we would've if we didn't take the tour. The man in the hat was our tour guide. He was French and knew tons of history. He rocked.


Guess what? We got to see another historical church! This one wasn't as old. It was called The Cristo Rey Church. The big thing in the front of the sanctuary is carved from lava rock. Really beautiful!


We finally got to see some mountains. Love me some mountains...and statues of Saratoga wagons. ;)


After our city tour, we went and had lunch. I had a Torta de Puerco (yum), side salad, and sopapillas. The pork sandwich was delish!


After lunch we went to Señor Murphy's...a candy shop that is famous for their chocolates. Santa Fe has piñons, a native nut, used in lots of their cooking. It's like a pine nut, but not. Anyway, we tried the piñon chocolate sampler. It was delish.


After our yummy sweet treat, we headed to the New Mexico Museum of Art. Lots of different genres were shown...contemporary, modern, Native American art, art by Georgia O'Keefe. It was a great collection.


I loved the leaf. I know it's just a leaf, but the colors she used and the brushstrokes were so pretty. I'd hang it in my house. Love it.


We got to add our own art to the chalk art wall. I drew the seahorse and eel and P added the shark. That's how we ended our walk through the art museum.


My favorite part of the day was spent at the New Mexico History Museum. It was so interesting to learn the history of the state. I love, love seeing historical artifacts, reading the history, and thinking about how far our country has come. I know, I know. Art + History = Nerd Alert! I admit it. We love learning. It's fun to be nerdy! ;) See evidence below...


After spending a couple of hours at the history museum, we tried going to see the oldest church in America (yes, another church) but, it had already closed. Boo. So, we looked around for where we'd eat dinner and found this place...


Ummm...stinkin' awesome! We'll eat here again before we leave.


I had a shrimp stuffed avocado and we shared the trio of yumminess! Some of the BEST guacamole, salsa, and queso we've ever had. Can't wait to go back!


After dinner, we headed back to our hotel (that's it above) and lounged by the pool for a while. The weather here is so pretty. We're definitely not missing the humidity and 100 degree heat at home.


Great second day!! Oh how I miss my little ladies, but am loving the time I'm getting with my hubs. Love him!

Day 3 coming soon...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Old Santa Fe Trail,Santa Fe,United States

No comments: