P and I left Friday morning from DFW and headed to Santa Fe! He has a conference of some sort on Monday and Tuesday, so we turned it into a little vacay for us!

We had a great flight and saw how the landscape changed in just an hour and a half flight. God is so cool! Side note: I'm reading this book...

I was teary only a few pages in. This woman has amazing faith and I aspire to be like her. She sacrificed all the comforts of everything she knew (at 19) and went where the Lord led her. Definite must read.
We got to our hotel at about 10:30 and checked in.

It meets my standards...and sadly, I'm a hotel snob. Hotels, in general, gross me out. So, if I'm going to stay in one, it has to be nice. 2 thumbs up! ;)

Everything here is adobe! I know that's one thing the southwest is known for, but I guess I didn't think EVERYTHING would be adobe. Love it! This is the back of our hotel, looking down from our hotel window into the cute, little restaurant, and, of course, I had to pose with the frog sculpture. (My classroom is all frogs, if ya didn't know.)
We were starving so we headed out to walk around and find something to eat. We found a lunch buffet with authentic, all you can eat, Mexican food! SO delish!

After lunch we walked around the square and cute streets, saw lots of merchants, and toured a couple of churches.

This is The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. It's a pretty church. We love touring old churches and seeing their history.

Then we went to The Loretto Chapel. It's famous for it's Miraculous Staircase. The mystery of the staircase has been debunked, but it's beautiful nonetheless. When it was first built, there were no rails. You wouldn't see me climbing those things.

After touring the churches and walking around, we headed back up to our room for a bit. P took a nap and I enjoyed TV all by myself. :)

These are some randoms. The black bear is the New Mexico state animal. We could take this cute little guy home (he was on our bed) for the low, low price of $30. Seriously?! Those metal wind sculptures (bottom right) are everywhere! I want one! They're beautiful!
Dinner was A-MA-ZING! We ate at Luminaria, the restaurant at our hotel. So, so good!

I had New Mexico Goat Cheese Polenta Fries, Blackened Atlantic Salmon "A La Plancha", and Panna Cotta Brûlée! Hollah!! Makes my mouth water!!

We're having SO much fun! Off to enjoy day 2!! Stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment